"Louis Ignatius Gall" International Classical Guitar Youth Competition will take place once a year, each first weekend of November.
Categories and Program:
Category A: soloists up to 9 years old, up to 6 minutes free program
Category B: soloists 10 to 12 years old, up to 8 minutes free program
Category C: soloists 13 to 15 years old, up to 10 minutes free program
Category D: soloists 16 to 18 years old, up to 12 minutes free program
Category E: Student and Teacher Ensemble: No age categories, program duration 10 minutes maximum, free program
Category F: Ensembles and guitar orchestra: No age categories, program duration 10 minutes maximum, free program
Category G: Fingerstyle & Jazz Guitar Competition for solists. No age categories, up to 22 years old.
Program duration 15 minutes maximum. Repertoire free choice.
Amplification can be provided.
Play-back is allowed (Participant must bring his/her own MP3-player to connect to the provided amplification when using playback).
Allowed instruments in Category G: electric guitar, acoustic guitar, classical guitar.
Notice for solo categories:
Free program from at least 2 different époques, performing by heart is obligatory, contestants should observe the time duration
Special Prize for solo categories:
Special prize for best performance of a composition by Maestro Gall
You can play any composition of Maestro Gall to compete for this prize
Some sheet music by Maestro Gall is free for download on this website
- Musicians of any nationality and age, suitable for the age categories, can take part in the competition.
- No change in the contestants' program will be accepted after the expiry of the deadline for submission of applications.
- Contestants who wish to withdraw should notify the secretariat of the competition in time. The registration fee will not be refunded for any reason.
- The organizers of the competition have the exclusive rights of recording, radio or television broadcasting of a part or even the whole of the competition, as well as the use of any material related to the competition (names, photographs etc).
- Contestants should observe the time duration.
- Contestants who wish to apply for 'Best Performance of Maestro Gall Compositions Prize' are granted one additional minute playing time.
- The 1st prize winner in each category has no right to participate in following editions of "Louis Ignatius Gall" Competition in same category.
- The Jury members will be elected by the Organizing Committee exclusively and will consist of artists with international reputation - concert performers, teachers, musicologists, conductors etc.
- The decisions of Jury are final and undisputable.
- Any dispute about the competition and it's result must be judges by German court.
- Jury members have no right to vote for his/her own student(s) or former (up to five years ago) student(s)
- The deadline for submission of application forms and deposit of registration fee is the 20th of September 2019
- The submission of the application form automatically means that the sender agrees with all the rules of the competition
- The application form should be filled in English only, submitted via on-line application here:
- In addition the participant must sent a scan of the bank receipt to the Organizing Committee by e-mail: